Spring into Spring!
Spring - a time for growth!
We tend to think of spring cleaning our house at this time of year, though a good spring clean in body and mind are just as important. It makes way for a fresh start and new beginnings, clearing away all the stagnant chi that can accumulate over the winter. Stuck chi when combined with rising spring energy can result in headaches, frustration and overwhelm, not knowing which way to turn. When your energy is flowing smoothly then it paths the way for the rising chi of Spring which embodies the feeling of new beginnings, the anticipation of growth and moving forward. It's a time for coming out of the long hibernation of winter and planning ahead. As our energy rises we also need to keep strong roots for stability and foundation.
In this workshop we will explore the TCM Spring season with mostly experiential bodywork, pranayama and meditation. There will be a chance to discuss lifestyle and nutrition associated with Spring for general well being. And we will of course close with a deeply relaxing yoga nidra meditation to set yourself up for the year ahead.
What to expect:
- Information and handouts on the Spring season: Meridians / Lifestyle / Nutrition etc
- Spring yoga sequence to help with our naturally rising energy
- Yoga, Qigong and Self Shiatsu massage for spring time
- Detoxing Pranayama (breath work)
- Shiatsu swap (optional - other options available)
- Long deeply relaxing yoga nidra with a meditation to 'spring clean' your mind and 'sow your seeds' for the year
- Break for some detoxifying juice or tea (provided)
Feedback from previous workshops
'Truly beautiful and inspiring experience. This opened up a new world of energy work which I've never felt so strongly before. Perfect.'
'Really enjoyed this. Been to a few workshops/retreats but found this to be the most laid back, welcoming and relaxing.'
'Loved the workshop. Felt really marvelous at the end. Enjoyed the Qi Gong, stretches and lovely Yoga Nidra. Great juices.'