Connect and Protect - Looking after your Heart
The Early Summer energy supports our emotional wellbeing, creating joy and happiness. The focus is on connection through our relationships and circulation and protecting our heart. Early Summer is a short season and as its name suggests it is the start of the summer! Our energy spirals upwards and outwards. After the rising energy of Spring we start expanding to connect with others around us.
It's part of the FIRE element with associated 'organs' of the Triple Heater and Pericardium. We work on our connective tissue and pericardium, and explore our emotional wellbeing within our surroundings and social interactions.
We prepare ourselves for the summer by working on opening the heart and stimulating the connective tissue. We will engage in yoga asanas, pranayama, meditation incorporating energy work such as Qigong and Shiatsu. You will gain knowledge of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) 5 Elements and energy exercises for this time of year through discussion, handouts and experiential bodywork. The FIRE element is Yang so you can expect a more uplifting workshop though as always ending with a more Yin energy in the form of Yoga Nidra!
- In depth information about the (secondary) FIRE element with associated meridians and acupressure points with handouts
- Lifestyle and nutritional information related to the element
- Dao-In and Qi Gong energy exercises with particular attention to the Heart Governor and Triple Heater meridian
- Seasonal Yoga Asanas (poses)
- Relevant Pranayama (breathwork)
- Short partner based shiatsu massage (optional)
- Yoga Nidra Meditation focussing on our connection within ourselves and our surroundings
- Social break for freshly made nourishing juice and tea (provided)