It’s autumn and a time for letting go… Just as in nature the trees are now letting go of their leaves we too let go of anything that no longer serves us.
We travel deeper into the Yin time of year with our energy gathering inwards. Preparing for the winter ahead we slow down in pace yet again and begin to restore our energy.
The METAL element with associated organs of the lungs and large intestine belong to the autumn season. The lungs allow us to take in the new and the pure, the large intestine eliminating waste. When these organs are out of balance then we can feel sluggish, low and hold on to ‘stuff’ we no longer need both physically and emotionally.
In this workshop we will explore the METAL element and work with pranayama to assist in taking in the pure and eliminating what we no longer need. The pranayama will strengthen our lungs and build our immunity for the colder damp weather ahead.
You will gain knowledge of TCM 5 Elements and energy exercises for this time of year through experiential mind/bodywork and discussion. Since the METAL element is Yin you can expect a deeper workshop slowing down in pace again and ending with a lovely nurturing Yoga Nidra meditation!
- In depth information about the METAL element with associated meridians and acupressure points, accompanied with handouts
- Lifestyle and nutritional information related to the METAL element
- Dao-In and Qi Gong energy exercises for the Lung and Large Intestine meridians
- Seasonal Yoga Asanas (poses)
- Lots of Pranayama (breathwork) to strengthen the lungs
- Short shiatsu swap (optional)
- Yoga Nidra Meditation to help let go and move on
- Social break for tea and snacks (provided)
Feedback from previous workshops
'Truly beautiful and inspiring experience. This opened up a new world of energy work which I've never felt so strongly before. Perfect.'
'Thank you for a wonderful afternoon - loved the movement. Fantastic refreshments. Leaving completely chilled!'
'Loved the workshop. Felt really marvelous at the end. Enjoyed the Qi Gong, stretches and lovely Yoga Nidra. Great juices.'